Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ass, Gas or Grass Nobody Rides Free

For the last few years I've been listening mainly to country music from the 50's, 60's and 70's, Bad Company and punk bands from the 90's I used to listen to in high school.  This has resulted in me not knowing a damn thing about any music out right now and an unhealthy consumption of PBR.  Both of which end with me sounding like a complete idiot when I'm in a social gathering.
So I made an conscious effort to read some reviews and seek out some new music.  Some are bands I had never heard of and some are new albums by bands I've listened to in the past.  In turn I will churn out some of my own reviews over the next few weeks that will be filled with what you've come to expect from Coetime at the Apollo.  Witty commentary that makes you go " Wow, that was enlightening and entertaining.  I can tell this guy genuinely cares about this crap."  or "I hate this guy.  Thats 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back."  Either way, I'll consider it a win for me.
So tune in over the next few weeks, have few laughs, maybe shed some tears and follow a 34 year old man as he slowly realizes he is no longer in touch with the music of today and blames it all on 20 something hipsters who have a stupid fascination with the 80's fashion trends and crappy 90's R&B.

*the title of this blog obviously has nothing to do with the subject matter.  It's just a phrase that has always cracked me up and I saw it on a bumper sticker recently. As a result have had the song "Ride the Wind" by Poison in my head ever since (4 days now).

No comments:

Post a Comment